Saturday, August 31, 2013

The Father's House


Her name is Lynn.
She is one of the most beautiful, faithful, caring and loving person that I know.
Her two younger sisters will tell you, with laughter cackling out of their mouths, that Lynn is perfect.
Lynn is the older sister that when growing up in the Fletcher home always told mom and dad when the younger two sisters had violated some major household rule or code (i.e. sneaking an extra piece of pie or homemade cookie back to the bedroom!!!)

A couple of years ago, Lynn's mom, Paula passed peacefully away at home... in her own bed. Beside her were all three daughters, who had climbed into the bed with her, reminiscent of the days gone by when all three girls would come running and jumping into bed with mom and dad during a heavy thunderstorm.

A bed full of four women, three of them surrounding and snuggling with the matriarch who had brought them into this world. And now it was their privilege to be with their mom as she exited their world. Paula leaves behind a legacy of incredible faith, grace, love and good home cooking hospitality that her daughters proudly carry on.

Paula's husband Fred Fletcher is one of those men of very few words. But when he talks, you better have your ears perked. When you touch the pads of his well worn hands that have carved some of the most beautiful pieces of woodworking  I have ever seen, you know you are in the company of a man whose waters run deep and true.

After being pampered by Paula for so so so many years and being loved and adored by his three daughters, Fred now lives alone.

I had the privilege of talking with Lynn yesterday by phone. As always we had a most delightful conversation and of course she had to share with me how the two younger sisters were misbehaving!!! (LOL!!)

The good news of our conversation involved Lynn telling me that after a most hectic and wonderful summer, and with "dad" starting to slow down a little bit, she is moving into her father's house.

My iWitness...

I love these words of Jesus from the 14th chapter of the Gospel of John...

“Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also." (John 14. 1-3)

Don't you just love that!
"In my Father's house are many rooms..."

As much as we invite the Lord into the "home of our heart" the day will come when the good Lord above will reciprocate the invitation.

Be assured... without fail...the day will come when we move into our Father's house.

Hear the good news..."Let not your heart be troubled..."

Your room has been prepared.
Your name is on the door.
It is perfectly decorated...
There will be room in the Father's house for you...
May there be room in our house for the Father!

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!
 
ps - Lynn... enjoy your father's house. I know your father will enjoy you!

No comments:

Post a Comment