Saturday, January 26, 2013

Differences

I had lunch yesterday and I made the following observations.

My lunch date was a female and I am a male.
She's short and I am tall.
She has reddish looking hair. I have brownish looking hair.
She works for a Democrat (newly elected US Congressman). I work for a Republican.
She wears glasses. I don't.
She is not married. I am married.
She has no kids. I have four.
She lives on the West Coast. I live in the Mid-West.
She is a die hard Democrat. I'm a die hard Republican.
Theologically she leans to the left while I lean to the right.
She's right handed. I write with my left hand.
She's an ordained Methodist Minister. I am an ordained Presbyterian Pastor.
Her gentle loving grace filled Mom died last year. My loving, caring mom is still alive.
She paid for lunch. I didn't.
She drives a Lexus. I drive a Nissan.
She's an employee of the US Government. I am an employee of a private institution.
She has a Droid phone. I have an iPhone.
Her nails are painted. Mine aren't.

My iWitness...

With all the differences... Faith and I have been the best of friends for the last 13 years.

She baptized my daughter Faith back in 2005 and we have supported and celebrated the ups and the downs of each other's lives and will continue to do so until the day we die. Around our house she is known as "Big Faith" so as not to confuse her with our "little Faith."

I thought of this verse yesterday during lunch...

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus." (Galatians 3. 28)

Being "in Christ Jesus" unifies, draws and trumps us closer together than do the differences that seemingly divide us.

May the differences dissipate and may the love of Christ hold us together forever and ever...

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear Not!
David!

No comments:

Post a Comment