Thursday, May 30, 2013

72

I looked at the phone after I had hung up.
72:14 was displayed on the mini-screen, telling me how long I had just talked with Jason and Ragella in India.
72 minutes and fourteen seconds.
6.6% of my waking hours yesterday was spent talking to someone thousands of miles away.
My brand new computer was not working correctly.
I called customer service.
Come to find out... the hard drive is bad.
Jason is going to send me a new one.
It should arrive next week.
When confirming my address Jason laughed at himself trying to say, "Dubuque."
We said our good-byes to one another.
I was rather shocked when I discovered how long I had been on the phone.

My iWitness...

The "hard drive" of my life comes broken.
Only One person can fix it, save it and install a new one.
I wonder how long I will be talking to "Customer Service" today who is not miles away but rather as close as my own heartbeat.
I have a feeling that I won't talk for 72 minutes.
What percentage of my waking hours will I be talking with the grand designer of the Universe?
More than likely, the most shocking part of my day will be discovering just how long I was off the phone rather than how long I was on it.

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!

"pray without ceasing..." (1 Thessalonians 5. 17)


No comments:

Post a Comment