Thursday, May 2, 2013

RSVP

I received two invitations in the mail yesterday...

One to a wedding
One to a retirement party

One will celebrate the beginning of a chapter in life
One will celebrate the end of a chapter of life

One will proclaim, "Here we go!"
One will proclaim, "Thanks for the memories!"

One will be a party full of laughter and tears.
One will be a party full of laughter and tears.

One will say, "I do."
One will say, "I'm done."

One will be filled with family and friends.
One will be filled with family and friends.

One will celebrate a life together
One will celebrate a life together

One will have people sending a couple off into the land of the unknown
One will have people sending a couple off into the land of the unknown

One will be filled with, "Congratulations and good luck!"
One will be filled with, "Congratulations and well done good and faithful servant."

One I will RSVP that I will not be in attendance
One I will RSVP that I will be in attendance

One is the alpha
One is the omega

My iWitness...

Invitations are a part of our every day lives.
Every invitation demands a response.
Each invitation includes an:
RSVP - "Repondez s'il vous plait" or "please respond"

What will you be invited to today?

A party? A meeting? A conviction?
Will you be invited to stand up for something you are passionate about?
Will you be invited to stand down from something you are passionate about?

Beware...
All invitations lead us somewhere.
How you RSVP could lead you to places you wish to go or it might lead you to places you do not wish to go.

Jesus offers the ultimate invitation... "Follow me..."
It's an incredible invitation to:
Journey with Jesus
Saunter with the Savior,
Ramble with the Redeemer
Party with the Provider
Dance with the Deliverer
Gallop with Grace
Meander with Mercy
Hobble with the Humble One
Follow the Forgiver
March with the Messiah
Laugh with the Lamb
Linger with the Lion
Crawl with the Crucified
Run with the Resurrection
Experience eternity with the Eternal one...

But then again...

It's just an invitation...

How will you RSVP?

Please respond...

One party I will not be in attendance
One party I will be

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!

"And Jesus said to them, 'Follow me...'" (Mark 1. 17)



No comments:

Post a Comment