Monday, May 6, 2013

Adoption

We had a family meeting yesterday after church.
More than likely if you work in the working world you are a part of a "staff" meeting.
We decided we would start having "family" meetings after church on Sunday.
Yesterday we discussed some things that happened over the weekend and some items that needed to be talked over for the upcoming week.
I am big into Robert's Rules of Order.
We taught Faith and Joshua how to make a motion, how to second it, how to discuss it and then how to vote on it. I taught Julie how to record such motions in the "minutes" of our meetings in which she served as secretary. MSP stands for Motion, Seconded and Passed...

After the "Family" meeting we had a prayer.
We call them "echo" prayers. Whoever is praying out loud says a few words and then the rest of the family repeats those words.
I prayed...
Joshua prayed...
Faith prayed...
Julie prayed...
I was proud of Julie for getting through her prayer after listening to what Faith had just prayed...

Faith's prayer was profound in its simplicity...
"Dear Jesus... Thank you for my family making the decision to adopt me. Amen"

My iWitness...

My iWitness today is just as simple but not as profound since it comes out of the mouth of a 50 year old and not a 7 seven year old...

"Dear Jesus... Thank you for making the decision to adopt me. Amen!"

I love being your son...

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and fear not!
David!

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will - to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves." (Ephesians 1. 3-6)

No comments:

Post a Comment