Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Haves and the Have nots...

It was such a simple project (you already know where this is going don't you!).
Hang a brand new storm door on the front of my front door to my house.
Easy enough.

What I had were the directions...
What I had was the brand new door...
What I had was about three hours of daylight...
What I had was a multitude of different size screws...
What I had was a sense of full confidence going into this project...
What I had was my whole family and then some waiting and watching me put the door on...
What I had was all the necessary tools...(surprise, surprise)
Piece of cake!

What I didn't have was a wood frame surrounding my front door. But rather a metal frame. This proved to be problematic when trying to screw in "one inch" wood screws into a hollow piece of metal that is 7/8 of an inch wide.

What I didn't have was an extra battery pack on my cordless drill. After having the drill "die" on me on several occasions, I went to the hardware store and bought a "corded" drill. (Quick aside - I love my new drill!

What I didn't have was the directions on how to "secure" the screen door into the frame. The screen kept falling out of the door... over and over and over again! I found the directions the next day under some other papers... Ugh!

What I didn't have was the one piece of the frame where the door closes and latches on to. What a mystery. How is the door supposed to stay closed when it has nothing to close against. That piece was found in the bottom of the box two days later...

What I don't have is a door that is completely functional...

What I do have is hearty material for a blog... once again!!

My iWitness...

One thing I have learned over the years is that my life is full of "the Haves and the Have nots".

I have so much and am so blessed on so many fronts.

And yet I yearn for the things I don't have.

For some reason I believe that there must be a missing part in the bottom of the box out there.. somewhere. And once I find it then my life will be complete.

I search and find, search and find only to discover that the "missing piece" didn't fit, or didn't work or took something very valuable away from me that I truly treasured all along.

What is this all about?

What about you?

What do you have?
What don't you have?

What if we became content with the blessings we have?
What would happen then?

I wonder if I will ever find out...

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!

"...be content with what you have, for he (God) has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." (Hebrews 13. 5)

"Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content." (Philippians 4. 11)




No comments:

Post a Comment