Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Night Owl meets Early Bird

I'm a paradox...
I'm a night owl and an early bird. Over time these two friends don't make good company, with each one vying for more attention.
Today they met each other at 3:00 am.
I woke up, listened to the silence of the night and the creaks of the house.
I turned over, closed my eyes and laid there wide awake.
I turned over once again with my eyes closed and laid there wide awake.
After rolling over once again I decided to get up.
Here I am...

My iWitness...

As I laid in bed in the wee hours of the morning and night, it hit me once again that we worship a God who neither slumbers nor sleeps.

In the brightness of the brilliant sun,
in the shadows of the starless night,
in the abyss of apparent abandonment,
in the juxtaposition of jump up and down joy,
in the darkened days of depression,
in the gut wrenching pain of grief,
in the methodical motions of the mundane,
in the chaos of confusion,
in the crystal clear of clarity,
in the agony of anxiousness,
in the excitement of exhilaration,
in the hilarity of laughter,
in the fomenting fear of failure,
the God who neither slumbers nor sleeps says,
"Here I am..."

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!

"I lift my eyes to the mountains -
     where does my help come from?

My help comes from the Lord,
     the maker of  heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip -
     he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel

     will neither slumber nor sleep." (Psalm 121. 1-4)

No comments:

Post a Comment