Saturday, May 4, 2013

Just sayin'

I recently visited two institutions...

The first place was filled with people I had never met before except for the group of ten I was hanging out with. The other people around me were friendly and really seemed to be enjoying themselves. There were people younger than me and there were people much older than me. The hospitality that was extended to me was generous with a bright smile and helpful spirit. Everyone was welcomed! I stayed for about two hours and fifteen minutes and the time passed by so quickly that by the time I left it seemed as if I had just arrived. I came home energized. The place had a band and people were so moved by the music that many applauded and some even got out of their seats and danced. I had a great time and so did the people I was with. We laughed a lot, shared some hilarious stories and genuinely showed care for one another. We pledged to get together again and do this on a regular basis.

The second place was filled with people I had never met before except for the group of ten that I knew already. The other people around me were fairly friendly but their faces betrayed their inner feelings as if to strongly suggest not everyone was having a great time. There were people younger than me and there were people much older than me. I stayed for a couple of hours but found myself constantly checking my watch which only made the time drag on and on. I came home kind of drained. There were serious discussions about the moral decline of America and the lack of respect children had for their elders and why more people didn't come to this particular institution. We laughed a little. The place played some great music. I left feeling a little uninspired because of the chain of events that took place were not what I had expected to experience. I wondered to myself if I would do this again on a regular basis.

One of these institutions was a church...

The other was a bar/night club...

From the above descriptions, can you guess which one was which?

My iWitness...

If more churches were like bars...
And more bars were like churches...
Our world would be in better shape!

Just sayin'...

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!

"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice." (Philippians 4. 4)

No comments:

Post a Comment