Friday, August 16, 2013

Bazooka Bubblegum...

After dinner last night I took the kids to "Beecher's" for some ice cream.
On the way there the kids broke out in singing this crazy song...
The Bazooka Bubble Gum song!

My mom gave me a penny,
She said to buy a henny,
But I didn't buy a henny,
Instead I bought bubblegum,
Bazooka-zooka,
Bubblegum,
Bazooka-zooka,
Bubblegum.

My mom gave me a nickel,
She said to buy a pickle,
But I didn't buy a pickle,
Instead I bought bubblegum,
Bazooka-zooka,
Bubblegum,
Bazooka-zooka,
Bubblegum.


And so the song goes on and on with more rhymes about our American currency...
My mom gave me a dime...
My mom gave me a quarter...
My mom gave me a dollar...

It ends with...
My mom gave me a five,
She said to stay alive,
But I didn't stay alive,
Instead I choked on,
Bubblegum,
Bazooka-zooka,
Bubblegum,
Bazooka-zooka,
Bubblegum
.
My iWitness...

I am sure that this song has been around for years!
But for me it was brand new.

As I write today I am listening to my music on iTunes. Some of the songs I am listening to are old (Elvis' - Teddy Bear) and some of them are brand new (Audio Adrenaline - Kings and Queens).

The scriptures encourage us to "Sing a new song..."

Do you know this song?
It's about three thousand years old.
It may be a new song for you.
It's been a long time since I have listened to it.
Let me share the lyrics with you this day...
May this "old" song be a "new" song on the lips of your heart this day...

Oh sing to the Lord a new song;
    sing to the Lord, all the earth!
Sing to the Lord, bless his name;
    tell of his salvation from day to day.
Declare his glory among the nations,
    his marvelous works among all the peoples!
For great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised;
    he is to be feared above all gods.
For all the gods of the peoples are worthless idols,
    but the Lord made the heavens.
Splendor and majesty are before him;
    strength and beauty are in his sanctuary.

Ascribe to the Lord, O families of the peoples,
    ascribe to the Lord glory and strength!
Ascribe to the Lord the glory due his name;
    bring an offering, and come into his courts!
Worship the Lord in the splendor of holiness;
    tremble before him, all the earth!
10 Say among the nations, “The Lord reigns!
    Yes, the world is established; it shall never be moved;
    he will judge the peoples with equity.”
11 Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice;
    let the sea roar, and all that fills it;
12     let the field exult, and everything in it!
Then shall all the trees of the forest sing for joy
13     before the Lord, for he comes,
    for he comes to judge the earth.
He will judge the world in righteousness,
    and the peoples in his faithfulness. (Psalm 96. 1-13)
 
What new song will you sing this day?
 
And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!
 
ps - While you sing, please don't choke on the Bazooka Bubble Gum!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment