Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pressure

Here's a fun fact for the day...

There are 14.667 pounds of air pressure per square inch on your body.

If there was no pressure on our bodies then we would literally fall apart.

It's the pressure that holds us together...

My iWitness...

Are you facing any pressures today?

Work?
Family?
Decisions?
Relationships?
Marriage?
Co-Worker?
Performance anxiety?
Fear of failure?
Deadlines?
Fear of success?
The unknown?
Anticipation of an upcoming event or test?

I know that I am not alone when I say, "I am feeling the pressure today..."

I wonder what will hold me together today?
The atmospheric pressure of 14.667 pounds of pressure per square inch?
Or the loving arms of God wrapped around me holding me tight?

I'm going with God today...

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!

39 And he (Jesus) came out and went, as was his custom, to the Mount of Olives, and the disciples followed him. 40 And when he came to the place, he said to them, “Pray that you may not enter into temptation.” 41 And he withdrew from them about a stone's throw, and knelt down and prayed, 42 saying, “Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, not my will, but yours, be done.” 43 And there appeared to him an angel from heaven, strengthening him. 44 And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly; and his sweat became like great drops of blood falling down to the ground. 45 And when he rose from prayer, he came to the disciples and found them sleeping for sorrow, 46 and he said to them, “Why are you sleeping? Rise and pray that you may not enter into temptation.” (Luke 22. 39-46)



No comments:

Post a Comment