Friday, August 30, 2013

Wing Clippers



I was visiting with someone yesterday who had his "wings clipped."

My iWitness...
Ever have your wings clipped before?

As much as it hurts or stings, having my wings clipped by God is understandable and always appropriate. There are times when God has to reign me in to protect me, to teach me and to show me another way of how to "fly" through life.

But then, there are other times when someone comes along in your life that is a "Wing Clipper"!

Oh how they love to politely invite you to sit down and chat with them.
They bring you into their confidence.
They are extra nice and sweet.
The charm you into trusting them.

And then... BAM!!!
Clip clip clip Clip clip clip Clip clip clip Clip clip clipClip clip clip Clip clip clip Clip clip clip Clip clip clip Clip clip clip Clip clip clip Clip clip clip Clip clip clip Clip clip clip Clip clip clip Clip clip clip Clip clip clip....

Before you know it...all your feathers are scattered on the floor and there you stand as powerful as an Ostrich to fly (By the way... Ostriches can't fly!)

These "Wing Clippers" love to control other people.
They are "control freaks."
Watch out for them!
They will "clip" you alive and leave you flightless, powerless and most hurtful of all...
they will leave you less than who God made you to be...

I am a firm believer that God has given us wings...
to swoop...
to fly...
to flit...
to flutter...
to soar...

Spread you wings
Soar high today on the thermals of God's freedom, God's grace and God's love!

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!

"but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength;
    they shall mount up with wings like eagles...(Isaiah 40. 31)

No comments:

Post a Comment