Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Flat Tires

There I was in the Northwoods of Wisconsin. It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from there. I walk out the front door of my good friend's home, the Meriwether's and what to my wondering eyes should appear but my left rear tire on my rental car is as flat as a pancake (just on one side!).

Bruce and I were on our way to breakfast. We had things to do, places to go, pancakes to eat, bacon to devour!

In a matter of minutes I had the tire off and the spare on. Bruce and I ate our breakfast and then I drove 70 miles to the  city of Wausau, Wisconsin to the Tires Plus store. In 30 minutes they had the tire repaired and I was on my way.

From what Chad, the serviceman had told me, I had evidently run over a nail.

A nail had caused my tire to go flat...

My iWitness...

Are the spiritual wheels in your life fully inflated these days?

I am told that under inflated tires makes for poor gas mileage and overall poor car performance.

And a "flat tire" makes it hard to go anywhere at all...

Maybe it's time to take our spiritual wheels in for a check up and let a "technician" take a look at them and see if they can get us back on the road again at full speed.

A nail caused my tire to go flat.
A nail here and a nail there and one more nail down there caused the Savior of the world to be hung up on a cross and flattened his life so that we could be filled with the air of the Holy Spirit. Of course, once they removed the nails from his hands and feet and three days in the "shop", Jesus was back on the road again at full speed!!

Here's the good news...
It wasn't the nails that held him on the cross...
It was his love for you that kept him there!

May His love inflate you in such a way so as to be at full speed today!

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!

"Jesus answered them, 'Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who practices sin is a slave to sin. The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son remains forever. So if the Son set you free, you will be free indeed." (John 8. 34-36)





No comments:

Post a Comment