Wednesday, August 21, 2013

First Day of School

Faith and Joshua bounded off to the Irving Elementary School yesterday for their first day of third and second grade respectively.
Mrs. Bradley and Mrs. Houselog are in for a treat in teaching my children.
There will be days when my children "get it."
There will be days when they don't "get it."

For those days that they don't, I have only one simple request... Please be patient with my children...

My iWitness...

There is something very consistent in the stories where Jesus heals people.
They are healed "instantly"!

You can't walk?
Jesus says, "Get up and walk!"
And guess what? You get up and dance Gangnam Style!

You can't see?
Jesus says, "You are healed!"
And guess what? The color of life has never been so vivid!

You are dead?
Jesus says, "Rise!"
And guess what? You have just turned the funeral service into a full blown party!

You have a disease like leprosy?
Jesus says, "Be clean!"
And guess what? You're starring in the next "Dove" commercial for flawless skin!

But.... wait a minute!!
There is one story that defies the odds.
There's this blind man. His friends bring him to Jesus begging him to touch and heal their blind friend. (Never underestimate the power of friends when it comes to "saving faith.")
Jesus spits in the blind man's eyes! (Probably safe to say, "Don't be like Jesus when it comes to this practice!)
The "Savior of Sight" asks the blind man, "Do you see anything?"
The blind man's response is disappointing to those of us who want everything instantaneous, "I see people, but they look like trees walking."

Jesus places the hands that carved out the oceans and hung the moon on this man's eyes one more time and the man opens his eyes and "saw everything clearly." (Mark 8 25)

Thank you Jesus for not giving up on this man!
Thank you Jesus for not allowing this man to be satisfied with "blurred" vision.
Thank you Jesus for taking the extra moment to make sure that this man could see clearly.

And now O Lord,
please hear this request...
please hear my begging...
For I am a man of blurred vision!
I want to "get it" the first time and at 50 years of age, there a number of things I still don't see clearly.

One simple request today... Please be patient with me, your child.

I really do want to see clearly...

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!


No comments:

Post a Comment