Saturday, August 24, 2013

Tired?



It's happened to you and it's happened to me.
Today, it happened to my 8 year old daughter, Faith.
Many times when "it" happens, others see it in you before you can see it in yourself.
Fatigued... Tired... Tuckered Out...Exhausted...Worn out...Falling apart...

We had spent the day driving to Madison, Wisconsin to see some friends from Oregon, followed by an eight mile bike ride in the Swiss town of New Glarus, Wisconsin.

On our way home, the nitpicking, the whining and the trigger happy temper started to flare.
Julie turned around in the passenger seat and said, "Faith... I know you. You are tired. You are exhausted. Close your eyes, go to sleep and do not say another word."

Faith's quick response was, "I am not tired! I am not going to close my eyes. I am not going to sleep!"

Five minutes later she was fast asleep for the 80 mile drive home...

My iWitness...
I am sure that we have dealt with this topic before but perhaps on this late Saturday night it bears worth repeating.

Are you tired?

Me too...

Perhaps on Sunday, the day of rest, God is saying to each of us, "David (insert your own name), I know you. You are tired. You are exhausted. Close your eyes, go to sleep and do not say another word."

Please spare God and me and those around you with a snarky comeback.

Just admit it...

You are tired...

So am I...

Good night... rest well!

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!

Jesus says, "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."
(Matthew 11. 28)

No comments:

Post a Comment