Monday, August 19, 2013

Yellow Jackets

I had just won the first set in the semi-finals of a tennis tournament yesterday. On the changeover I went over to the side of the court and reached for my water bottle. As I grabbed the top of the bottle, unbeknownst to me, there was a yellow jacket menacingly perched on my bottle as well.
The natural result took place... I got stung right on my left pinkie. Ouch!
My opponent asked, "Are you okay?" I responded with an irritated, "Yes."
He came back with, "At least you're not allergic to bees."
I looked at him and half-heartedly laughed and said, "Oh yes I am..."

My iWitness...

Call me strange... but this verse went through my mind as I was dealing with this bee sting...
"Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed. 53 For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality. 54 When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written:
“Death is swallowed up in victory.”
55 “O death, where is your victory?    O death, where is your sting?”
56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." (1 Corinthians 15. 51-56)
 
What good news is this for the followers of Jesus!
Death is menacing!
Death is difficult!
For some, death is the end.
 
But not for the Christians!
With full assurance...
With bold confidence...
With almost mocking smirks...
We proclaim...

O death, where is your victory?
O death, where is your sting?
You're a "stingerless" bee!!
 
Thanks be to God who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ!!
 
Have a great Monday knowing full well, that though the day will come where we will die..
We shall live again!!
 
And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment