Thursday, August 29, 2013

I Have A Dream...


Yesterday, August 28, 2013 marked the 50th Anniversary of the best American speech given in the 20th Century in the United States of America.

On the mall of Washington, DC in front of the Lincoln Memorial,
the Reverend Doctor Martin Luther King, Jr. delivered his "I Have A Dream" speech.

My iWitness...

I am wondering if you have a "Dream" that has captured the full will of your heart, mind and spirit?

Do you have a Dream?

Have you ever shared it?

I have a dream...
I am a dreamer...

I wonder if you are like me today...
I am too scared to share it...
Too afraid to articulate it...
Too bashful to blurt it out...
Too passive to pursue it...
Too tentative to try it...
Too cynical to see it...
And too doubtful to deliver it...

What happens when the dream remains cooped up inside?
I am afraid to know the answer...

I am afraid I already know the answer...
And so do you.

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!

ps - Thank you Dr. King for sharing yours... We are all better for it!

“And it shall come to pass afterward,
    that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh;
your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
    your old men shall dream dreams,
    and your young men shall see visions." (Joel 2. 28)


No comments:

Post a Comment