Saturday, August 3, 2013

Good Stuff...

In between napping and waking I caught a few minutes of the movie, "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel." The movie is set in India at the "Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" and that which I saw was simply delightful. I need to watch the whole movie in one sitting sometime soon.

There was one exchange between two of the main European characters who were staying at the hotel that caught my attention.

Evelyn: Nothing here has worked out quite as I expected.

Muriel: Most things don't. But sometimes what happens instead is the good stuff.


My iWitness...

Let's ask the question...
And before you answer it, let the question just hang for a moment or two...let it percolate...let it brew...absorb it... let it sink in...

Here's the question?

Are you where you are today where you thought you would be 20 years ago?
Has life turned out the way you thought it would from where you were sitting 20 years ago?

Here's my answer...

"Nothing here has worked out quite as I expected!"

And here's my follow up answer to my first answer...

"That which has taken place in the last 20 years is better than I could have ever imagined and dreamed of...That which has happened instead has been really, really good stuff!"

How about you?
How would you answer the question?

And that's my iWitness...
Laugh often and Fear not!
David!

"The heart of man plans his way,
but the Lord establishes his steps." (Proverbs 16. 9)




No comments:

Post a Comment